1 Gallon Engine Descaling Motor Flush
Starbrite® Descaling Engine Flush is designed to safely and quickly remove scale, calcium deposits, corrosion, salt and carbon buildup in your engine’s cooling and wet exhaust systems. These deposits can make your engine run hot by restricting water flow through the cooling jackets. Calcium buildup also may damage your engine’s water pump. Descaling Engine Flush WILL NOT damage seals, gaskets or rubber impellers.
- Removes scale and deposits from all marine engines
- Will not damage engine seals, gaskets or rubber impellers.
READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS AND CAUTIONS COMPLETELY BEFORE USING. WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND THE USE OF STARbrite®’S DO IT YOURSELF MARINE ENGINE DESCALING KIT.
With Starbrite® Do It Yourself Marine Engine Descaling Kit #35001
1. Starbrite®’s Marine Engine Descaling Kit comes with a 5 gallon tank, gate valve/cap and clear hose. You will need ear muffs or flushing attachment for your type of engine and a garden hose.
2. Check marine engine manual for specific coolant capacity and plan accordingly. Mix one part of concentrated Starbrite® Descaling Engine Flush with one part fresh water in the 5 gallon tank, making sure vent cap is open. Once 5 gallon tank is filled with mixture, tighten gate valve/cap and lay tank on side with gate valve facing down.
3. Using marine engine flushing attachment (not included in kit) and garden hose, start engine and allow it to reach normal operating temperature to ensure that the thermostat is open to allow Descaling Engine Flush to circulate throughout entire cooling system.
4. When engine reaches normal operating temperature and thermostat opens, turn off engine and disconnect garden hose from flushing attachment. Attach one end of clear hose to engine flushing attachment and open gate valve to allow Engine Descaling Flush to flow into clear hose.
5. Start engine and leave run at idle speed until the green mixture comes out of the exhaust/water outlet of your engine. Immediately shut off the engine and close gate valve on tank. Let engine sit for 5-10 minutes.
6. Open gate valve and turn engine on to allow more flushing mixture to flow through system. After 1-2 minutes, close gate valve and shut engine off. Disconnect clear hose from flushing attachment and connect garden hose. Turn on water supply and start engine. Run engine at idle for 5 minutes, allowing fresh water to run throughout system.
7. Turn off engine and remove flushing attachment. Rinse down outside of engine. Dispose of flushing mixture in compliance with local, state and federal laws.
Without Starbrite® Do It Yourself Marine Engine Descaling Kit
1. Remove boat from water. Place the motor in an appropriate container so that the engine intake is well below the lip of the container. Mix one part of concentrated Starbrite® Descaling Engine Flush with one part fresh water. Fill container until engine intake is completely submerged in the Descaling Engine Flush mixture.
2. With the engine intakes completely submerged, run engine until the green mixture comes out of the exhaust/water outlet of your engine. Immediately shut off the engine and let engine sit for 5-10 minutes. Turn engine on to allow fresh mixture to flow through system, then shut off engine again. Drain entire system.
3. Dispose of flush mixture in compliance with local, state and federal laws. Fill container with fresh water and completely submerge engine intakes in water. Start engine once more and run for 5 minutes while fresh water runs throughout the engine system.
CAUTION: Wear goggles, respirator mask and gloves when handling this acid based product. Avoid breathing fumes when mixing water and engine flush. It is normal for this product to slightly smoke when initially mixed with water. Take precautions against spills near any grass and plants. KEEP AWAY FROM PETS AND CHILDREN. DO NOT MIX WITH OTHER CHEMICALS. THIS PRODUCT IS BIODEGRADABLE.
WARNING: Contains inhibited and enhanced Hydrochloric Acid. Use in well ventilated area. Harmful if swallowed. If swallowed, drink 3-4 glasses of milk, milk-of-magnesia or water. DO NOT induce vomiting. Call a physician immediately. If contact with eyes occurs, flush eyes continuously with fresh water for 15 minutes. Get medical attention if irritation continues. This is a professional strength product, call our toll free number 1 (800) 327-8583 if you have any questions regarding safety or use. Starbrite® liability is limited to the purchase price of this product.