Synthetic Blend Lower Unit Gear Lube 80w 90w
Synthetic Blend High Viscosity 80W 90 for API GL-5, MT-1 service SAE J2360, Mack GO-J. For long term performance synthetics are the best choice.
- Special extreme pressure and anti-wear additives
- Recommended for all engines over 100 hp
- Protects against rust & corrosion; great thermal stability
- Recommended for all engines over 100 hp Protects against rust and corrosion.
Refer to Manufacturer’s Engine Service Manual for flushing and filling instructions. If none are available:
1) Remove upper and lower plugs on lower unit gear case and completely drain old oil.
2) Install fill tube into lower hole. We recommend using Starbrite Lower Unit Quart Pump (#27400, Lube Tube (#28600) and Adaptor (#28401, #28402) for easy installation.
3) Slowly refill unit with new lubricant until fluid appears at the lip of the upper hole.
4) Replace upper plug and tighten securely.
5) Remove fill tube from lower hole and replace lower plug. Tighten securely.